It’s that time of year again to begin your lawn care as I’m doing here by applying Scotts Turf Builder Weed & Feed. I also purchased the Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard DLX Broadcast Spreader because it states that it can hold up to 15,000 square feet of lawn product. In this video, you’ll see what the spreader looks like with a 43lb bag of weed & feed fertilizer.
My Lawn Care
I am not a professional. I am a homeowner who cares a little about the looks of my lawn. We do not water our lawn because our water restrictions combined with the price of finished water make it impractical. I’d rather spend more money on my brand and hire session musicians for my label. If you drive by you’ll see that the lawn is far from pristine. But, it is not horrendous so I’m satisfied.
This video was shot in 2022 and we were pleasantly surprised with how well the weed & feed fertilizer worked with unwatered grass. Our friend cuts it every 8 to 10 days depending upon its rate of growth. He also edges and cleans up the grass clippings from the driveway and walkway to keep it looking as good as possible.
- 0:00 Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard DLX Unboxing
- 1:00 Scotts Turf Builder Weed & Feed setting to 3.5
- 1:28 Applying weed & feed fertilizer to lawn using EdgeGuard
- 1:53 How EdgeGuard Works
- 2:05 Point of view from rear of broadcast spreader
- 2:23 My point of view of broadcast spreader
- 2:32 Filling up spreader with Weed & Feed fertilizer and setting to 3.5
- 2:44 Spreading pattern with overlapping passes
- 2:56 Finishing fertilizing
- 4:04 Credits
Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action
I applied Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action on the first day of spring 2023. Triple Action contains weed & feed plus a crabgrass preventer. The package states that it halts crabgrass for four months. I may need to spread a crabgrass preventer in June.
Fertilizer and Spreader
I have used the following products:
- Scotts Turf Builder Weed & Feed
- Scotts Turb Builder Triple Action
- Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard DLX Broadcast Spreader
- Scotts Turf Builder SummerGuard Lawn Food with Insect Control
This video or its variations appear under the following titles:
- It’s time to fertilize on YouTube Shorts
Video Credits: Video Production: U Do It™️ Studios a Division of No Cheese Records LLC All Rights Reserved.
Picked out for you